Saturday, March 15, 2014

Monday - Thursday, March 10-13, 2014 (Lake Havasu City, AZ)

The count down has begun.....we are finally getting ready to pull up stakes from Lake Havasu City and meander on down the road on Saturday.  We had a few things that we wanted to get accomplished before we left so that's how we spent our last few days.

We went to the bookstore and got stocked up on some good reading material.  Rich has really been enjoying the western author - Max Brand and this book store has a nice selection of his books.  I've been reading Dee Henderson and really enjoying her books, I was in the middle of reading a six part series and was ready for book 4 and decided I'd best buy all 3 in case I can't find the last two in our travels.  I think we are set with reading material for awhile.

We also had to have lunch at the local In N Out burger place one last time.  We both really enjoy the burgers they serve at that restaurant and the prices are so reasonable.

What else.....besides our last week of line dancing and walk away the lbs exercise class and afternoons at the pool.....oh we also wanted to wash the dust off the truck and the 5er before we left.  We thought we would have two days to accomplish this project but in looking at the weather on Wednesday it was suppose to be breezy on Saturday with gusts up to 30 mph, yikes, that's not good as that was the day we were scheduled to pull out of our resort.  We decided it made sense to leave on Friday to beat the wind, so that only left us with Thursday to get everything washed and shined up.  Of course with all the activity on our lot, folks we knew would stop by and chat and ask about our travel plans.  Even with all the interruptions, we managed to get everything washed and shined up ready to leave bright and early on Friday morning.  It's getting that time of year where a lot of folks are getting ready to pack up and head to their summer homes with a lot of folks starting to leave now and into the first part of April.  There are a few folks who stay until May, but they are far and few.

Oh, I did find a home for my tomato plants, one of our neighbors is one of those who stays until mid May and she volunteered to take them on.   They were just starting to produce fruit, so I didn't want to have to throw them away.  I also found a home for my bouganvilla vine.  I thought about dragging it along with us, but decided it was too tall and would get beat up pretty badly since I would have to lay it down on it's side when we traveled.  It too was getting set for another round of blossoms.  They are one of my favorite flowers down here, they are so vibrant.   The rest of my little garden we have room for in the back seat of the truck so it gets to come along for the ride which makes me happy.  =)

We've really enjoyed our stay at Lake Havasu but are looking forward to seeing some new country.  Our next post will be from Yuma, AZ......

No comments:

Post a Comment