Monday, January 27, 2014

January 1, 2014 - January 26, 2014 (Lake Havasu City, AZ to Oregon and back again)

2014 has started out rather sad for me.  I was working on updating our blog on Saturday evening, January 4, 2014 when the phone rang.  It was from my mom....hmmm that's odd since I'm usually the one who gives her a call.  I answered and it was my brother Bryan.  After a surprised hello, he got to the point, he was calling to tell me that we lost a brother today.  Even now it is hard for me to really imagine, it was so unexpected.  Needless to say, I was in total shock, after some brief details we hung up as he had more of my brothers to call.  Needless to say, it has turned my world upside down for a bit.  We made arrangements for my friend Marie to come and water my plants and got packed up and headed out to Oregon to be with my mom and family early the next morning.

It was a long two day drive but we made it without any mishaps.  I have such a loving and understanding husband, he did all the driving both going and coming back.  I'm not going to go into a lot of details about the last three weeks, other than to say that we attended three, yes that was three funerals during our stay in Oregon.  We buried my uncle Jerry, then my brother Greg and then a very dear 92 year old friend from our church family in Bend.

We did get to spend some quality time with my mom and my brothers, I sure wish it could have been under different circumstances.  

We headed back to Arizona on the 20th and arrived back at the 5er late on the 21st.  We did take the I-5 route so we got to see different scenery.  We have spent the last week slowly getting ready to get back into our routine down here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment