Saturday, February 1, 2014

Monday - Friday, January 27 - 31, 2014 (Lake Havasu City, AZ)

Monday

It was back to our Lake Havasu routine.  I got up and got ready to go to my line dancing class and Rich went and worked out in the fitness room.  I wonder how many of the dance steps I have forgotten?  I am happy to report, that the class went quite well, I was able to keep up because we reviewed some of the pretty basic steps, whew.  The class has grown quite a bit since I was there because there are so many more visitors to the park. 

After class, I spent a minute updating the blog about our whereabouts for the last couple of weeks then we had lunch.  After lunch I sat outside and was reading in the warm sunshine and decided that it was time to head to the pool and do some sunbathing and swimming.  There were a few people lounging around the pool but not really that many considering how big the park is.  After a couple hours of lounging  by the pool I headed back to the 5er.  It was time to take Gracie for her daily walk around the park.  That was pretty much our day.

Tuesday

Today instead of dancing, I went to an exercise class and Rich went to work out in the fitness room.  Boy that exercise class really is a workout and like the dance class has gotten bigger in size because of the influx of visitors in the park.  I guess Jan, Feb & March is when the park is the fullest as some people wait until after the holidays to head south. 

After class, I spent some time working on our budget/finances and after lunch, headed to my favorite spot - the pool.  The afternoon was spent reading and lounging by the pool with a swim thrown in for a bit more exercise.  Today when I got to the pool I was the only one there for awhile.  I'm really surprised more people aren't taking advantage of the pool but maybe they are waiting for warmer temps, it is still in the low 70's.

Rich's daughter Jessica sent us some videos to watch and we received them today.  They are from the series "That the World May Know" with Ray Vander Laan.  Thanks Jessica & Garry, that was really thoughtful of you.  We started with video # 12 on Jessica's recommendation called Walking in the Desert as she thought it may be helpful since we've had a rough month with three deaths.  It is amazing the treasures that are in the Bible that we just read over because our Western culture is so different than the culture during Biblican times.  I can see that we will get a lot out of them.

Wednesday

The start of today brought line dancing for me and another workout for Rich.  After dance class I spent some time chatting with two ladies from the class.  They have both lost sons within the last several years.  One of the ladies has become a griefshare counselor and sharing some tidbits from that program.  It was a very interesting and enlightening conversation.  I'm glad they took the time to stop and chat with me.  

Again the afternoon was spent reading and lounging by the pool.  There were a few more people at the pool today than there was yesterday, could be because it was a little bit warmer today about the mid 70's.  

Tonight when we went to take Gracie for her daily walk, there was an amazing sunset so Rich climbed onto the top of the 5er and took a bunch of pictures.  Here is one for your enjoyment.

Lake Havasu City Sunset from top of 5er



Thursday

This morning started with my exercise class and Rich went and worked out at the fitness center.  It's sure a nice way to start the morning with some good exercise. 

We decided that shopping was on the agenda for today.  We were on the hunt for a pair of swim trunks for Rich.  We spent the majority of the time in the mall near our resort where they have a Penney's store.  We were successful and Rich found a nice pair of swim trunks - now he doesn't have an excuse not to join me at the pool.  =)  Rich also saw a nice pair of women's boots that were on sale that he wanted me to try on, I didn't really need another pair of boots, but since Rich liked them, I could at least try them on....right?  Well when the sales person brought out the box, they were marked down even lower than they were on the floor, they were $15 wow, how can you beat that price?  Well as I was trying to decide if I should get them or not, the sales person was checking on his computer to see if another store had my size as the ones I were trying on were just a tad bit big and he realized the boots had been incorrectly marked at $15.  He said that if we decided to take them, he would honor the $15.  Well you guessed it, I decided to purchase them, how could I pass up such a good deal?



Tonight we had another amazing sunset I thought I'd share with you all.



Friday

Today we have two birthdays in our family:  Rich & Gracie.  We took a break from our exercise routines and just had a lazy start to the day.  The weather was a lot cooler today, so we spent most of the day just relaxing in the 5er and doing a lot of reading.  I think I read two books and Rich finished one and started on another.

We took Gracie for a nice walk in the park and then got ready to go out to eat dinner.  We had chosen the Montana Steakhouse.  We arrived to around 5:00 p.m. and found the parking lot full, oops, I wonder if I should have made reservations?  Lucky they still had a table available, whew.  I forgot to account for the fact that this is a retirement community and folks tend to eat dinner earlier.  We had a very nice relaxing dinner, Rich had prime rib and I had a filet mignon.  The meals were very good but the ambiance was a little disappointing.  The accoustics in the restaurant weren't very good and it was very noisy and we both felt they could have spent a little more time on the decor inside the restaurant.  We give them a thumbs up for the food and a neutral mark for the ambiance/decor.  We shared a very nice piece of cheesecake with huckleberry sauce for desert which was very yummy. 

Back home, we watched more of the video that Jessica & Garry had sent us.  All in all it was a very relaxing enjoyable day.  Happy Birthday Rich & Gracie.

You are probably wondering what Gracie got for her birthday other than a walk.  Well last week when we went to Quartzite for the big RV Show, we stopped at a vendor that sold pet items and Gracie got a new hat.  The hat is hand made by the vendor's wife.  She had a sewing machine set up in part of the tent and took custom orders.  We always like to support local work versus merchandise that is made overseas.  The orange dot on the hat is the price tag in case you were wondering..... 




No comments:

Post a Comment