Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday - Tuesday, May 12-13, 2014 (Catfish Junction, OR)

It finally had to happen....... I finally drove the 5er on the freeway.....this morning after we pulled out of our rv park Rich pulls over to the side of the road, gets out, walks around and opens my door and says "you're driving".   What!!!!  Well I guess it was now or never....I don't know how to describe the anxiety I had about driving our home down the road, other than to say the responsibility scared me.....to tears.   I was driving down the freeway with tears running down my face.  Rich kept saying I didn't have to drive if I didn't want too and how come was I crying....he was feeling pretty badly about the tears.  I don't know why I was crying other than I was scared.   I did  manage to squeek out about 10 miles worth of driving before we came upon a rest area and I pulled over and let Rich take over.  I felt much better after I was back in the passenger seat and could relax again.  I know it was silly to be so emotional about the whole thing but what can I say other than I'm glad I have an understanding and patient husband.

We left around 9:30 a.m. and arrived at our next destination, Catfish Junction RV park which is on the Snake River and in Oregon!  Yahoo, we are back in Oregon. 



the hills were so pretty with the pink and green


This is going to be a short stopover for us, so we didn't really do too much while in the area.  The first day was pretty warm out and they must have had some sort of "hatch" of these annoying moth type bugs, they were everywhere.  It was hard to open the screen door and get inside without a bunch of them flying in.  Luckily by the second day they didn't seem to be so bad.

We took a quick trip into Weiser, ID to fuel the truck up and other than just kicking back and relaxing by the river we didn't do much.  We have decided that instead of heading up into Washington that we are going to take a detour into Bend and then onto my mom's for a bit before heading up to see our Washington kids and grandkids.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure where you are right now, but we'll be in Bend for all of June. Today we happen to be in Salem so George Sackinger can work on my computer, which got messed up in Mexico. George promises miracles. Congratulations on driving the 5th wheel. Now you know you can do it if you need to

    ReplyDelete