Friday, February 7, 2014

Saturday - Thursday, February 1 - 6, 2013 (Lake Havasu City, AZ)

Saturday

We just had a lazy day around the 5er.  We got a package of mail from my mom, so spent some time getting that opened and sorted.  Then I spent some time updating our budget spreadsheet for 2014 and then worked on the blog.  Of course we took Gracie on her walk and that was about it for our day.

Sunday

We went to church at Hilltop.  Since we've returned to Oregon we've gone to that church the last couple of weekends.  It's a congregation of about 100+/- and we really like the pastor's messages. 

After church we stopped at the grocery store to get a couple of items to take to the super bowl party we are going to attend this afternoon at the club house.  Hopefully it will be a good game.  We are rooting for the Seahawks.

We headed down to the clubhouse around 4:00 and had some munchies and visited with some of the other park residents.  The clubhouse has a big screen tv and if you are an owner, you can reserve the room for parties, etc.  One of the owners had reserved the room and then just invited whoever wanted to come.  The majority of the attendees were Denver Broncos fans.  There were a few Seahawks fans but we were greatly outnumbered.  The room full of fans started out pretty noisy, but as the game progressed, the Seahawks fans got louder and the Bronco fans got quieter.  =)  I'm glad the Seahawks won, but it would have been a more interesting game if it wouldn't have been so lopsided, but again, I'm not complaining.  It was a fun afternoon/evening, I'm glad we went.  My brother Greg who recently passed away, was a Seahawks and a Payton Manning fan, I wonder what he would have thought of the game? 

Monday

Today was pretty laid back, we did our normal morning workout routine.  We spent the afternoon working on some maintenance projects on the 5er and the truck.  We did use our new BBQ for the first time and grilled some steaks, they turned out very yummy.  I think I'm going to like this new BBQ.

Tuesday

Again, the morning was spent in our normal workout/breakfast routine.  I'm really enjoying doing the Walk Away the Lbs exercise class, I'm always amazed at what a good workout I get. 

The interesting thing I did this afternoon was to attend a Ladies Tea Party that was hosted by the activity club here at the resort.  I was surprised at how many ladies dressed up and wore fancy hats and they had the room decorated very nicely.  I tried to take a couple pictures with my cell phone, but when I got back to the 5er, they were gone....what's up with that? 

At the tea party we were served scones and a fruit kabob and tea followed by little dainty tea sandwiches, a chicken salad, an egg salad and a cucumber sandwich.  After our sandwiches we had some cute little desserts, a cream puff, and two different types of tarts.  They did a drawing for a couple of door prizes and then the party was over.  It only lasted about an hour, I'm glad I attended, I had a nice visit with a neighbor, Naomi but I'm not sure it would be on my list to attend again.  In all my years of reading, when I've read historical romance novels, they had often talked about the afternoon tea hour, so now I know what it's like, at least a modern day version. 

Wednesday

This morning was line dancing, which I enjoy very much, not sure that I will ever do much line dancing other than at the few dances here at the park, but it's a good way to get some exercise for both body and mind.  It takes a lot of concentration to keep those steps in the correct order.  It's amazing how if you let your mind start wandering, how easy it is to mess up.  =)

We both have been spending a lot of time in the afternoons reading and Rich's book supply was getting low, so we packed up the books we've already read and headed to the book exchange.  They have a really nice used book store here that we like to visit.  They have a large selection of used books and they take your old books in and give you store credit to apply to your purchases.  So after a while of browsing around the bookstore and coming out with a sack full of books we headed home to the 5er.  I'm not sure why I thought I needed to pick up two more books since I still have a shelf full as well as that sack full of books I bought for a dollar this summer.  I guess you can never have too many books to read. 

Thursday

Again, we did our morning exercise/breakfast routine which by the time we are finished is usually around 10:30ish.  As I've mentioned before, both Rich and I like to view houses for sale, and we had gotten a call from a local realtor that she had a house that she thought we'd like to see.  Well ok then, we're off.

The house was OK, the view from the backyard the best we've seen so far, no electrical wires.  This neighborhood is one of the few that has the utilities buried underground.  Most lots in town have the utilities above ground.  The backyard also had a nice pool with some nice palm trees.  The big down side to this house was it was on one of the busier streets in town.  While we were looking another couple stopped by and asked if they could see the house, so hopefully our realtor will get a sale out of it.  Don't worry mom, we really aren't going to buy a house down here, we just like to look.  =)

Today it was rather cloudy and cool, the whole week has only been in the low 60's, so we decided to take in a movie in the afternoon.  They have two theaters here in town and we went to the newest one that is in the shopping mall near our resort.  It was a very nice stadium type theater and the movies were pretty reasonable at $5.50 a ticket.  They also had Orville Redenbacher popcorn, yummy.  We saw the movie "Labor Day".  I really liked the story.  We saw a couple other movies during the previews that we'd like to take in while we are here. 

We got a couple texts today from family members in the Willamette Valley who are getting their first major snowfall for the year.  Sounds like they could be in for a bit of snow in the next couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment