Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thursday - Sunday, February 13 - 22, 2014 (Lake Havasu City, AZ)

The last week and a half has been pretty quiet, so instead of doing a day to day entry, I'm just going to capture the highlights of the last week and a half.

We both really enjoy our morning routine of line dancing and walk away the lbs.  You would think with all this exercise that I would lose a pound or two but it's not happening, oh well I'm still having fun and I must be getting healthier....right?

The afternoons are usually spent by me (Kelly) reading at the pool for a couple of hours.  Later in the day when everyone is at their "happy hours" Rich and I head to the pool for a swim and we pretty much have the pool to ourselves, it's pretty nice.  The water is so warm, almost like bath water.

On Friday, Valentine's Day the resort was hosting a potluck and dance which we attended.  The potluck was very yummy, lots of good food.  We were both a little disappointed with the dancing though.....for it being Valentine's Day you would think they would play music that couples could dance too, which they did a couple dances, but the majority of the dances were line dances....not very romantic.  Here are a couple of pics from the event.

Kelly & Marie

Rich & Kelly

half the room at the potluck and dance - we hadn't eaten yet, that's why the plates are still clean. 



Saturday morning we had a nice surprise.  The phone rang just as we were getting ready to walk out the door to go to breakfast and it was my uncle Dave and aunt Joanne.  They were in Lake Havasu visiting friends and wanted to get together for lunch.  Well alrighty then, we'll switch gears and instead of going out for breakfast, we went out for lunch at the Red Onion.  We had a great couple of hours sitting around visiting and lunch was pretty good too.  It was nice to get to spend some one on one time with my uncle and aunt.  I only see them at family reunion type events and don't spend that much time with one on one conversation, so this was a real treat. 
Uncle Dave, Kelly & Aunt Joanne

Sunday afternoon it wasn't real warm out so I spent a couple of hours working on my paint by number picture.  It's actually starting to look like something.  You know how when you first start them it just looks like a bunch of random colors, now I can actually see some of the shapes.  One of my grandmother's used to like to do paint by numbers, so while I'm working on it, I always tend to remember her. 

We kept hearing how good the burgers were at In N Out, so we decided to give them a try at lunch one day.  They are definitely good burgers and we will definitely go back again.  One cool thing is that they put scriptures from the bible on the wrappers and cups, they are pretty tiny, but they are there none the less.  They only serve hamburgers and cheese burgers and french fries and all the food is prepared fresh daily.  They even make their own buns without preservatives.  The restaurant was very cheery and bright with a white and red color scheme and it was very clean.  Like I said, we will definitely go back.

Rich caught some bug early in the week and has been pretty sick, so we have had a pretty quiet week as he has been trying to get over the crud.  One day I spent working on taxes and that was depressing.  For the first time we owe money, we will definitely have to be adjusting  our withholdings.  Even though Rich wasn't feeling good, he replaced one of our light switches that had gone bad and he spends a lot of time reading.  I pretty much spend a couple hours every afternoon at the pool, reading and do a bit of swimming, pretty relaxing I must say. 

I did harvest my radish crop and am still picking some leaf lettuce, though some critter is still munching on it.  I picked a couple cherry tomatoes and one bigger tomato off my tomato plants.
My radish crop

We have made some tentative travel plans and it looks like we will be hitting the road again mid March, so we should have some new adventures to relate.  There are still a couple of places/things we'd like to do while we are still here, so hopefully we will get to them, if not, then I guess they will be here for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment