Sunday, May 12, 2013

Friday, May 10, 2013 (Mehama, OR)

Today was another beautiful day. We are just loving this weather. Today the project was to work on the back yard area. My dad had built all these beautiful rock retaining walls which through the years have gotten covered up by plant foliage. My goal was to start removing some of that foliage so the walls would show up again. But I got sidetracked from the wall project because there were lots of ferns that I got started trimming to try and tidy them up. Boy, where did the day go, still have a ways to go.
Rock retaining wall project

Another rock wall shot

Rich fell a viney maple tree for my mom and worked in her garden removing some old posts from the ground. My Mom has this thing for viney maple trees so the fact that we could take one down was quite the accomplishment.  It really opens the area up and Mom was happy. 


Viney Maple Tree felling project - see white stumps at bottom right of small tree
Mom worked on getting another of her flowerbeds planted. We got a lot accomplished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment