Sunday, May 12, 2013

Saturday & Sunday, May 11-12, 2013 (Mehama, OR)

I got a nice surprise Saturday morning. My youngest daughter Stacy and our grandson Gunner stopped by in the morning. I hadn’t seen them since last Thanksgiving. We had a nice visit and we had a lot to catch up on.  I also got to have some fun shooting some pool with Gunner.  We also got to meet their two new small dog additions to their family, Paco and Little Miss. They sure are cuties. I unfortunately wasn’t thinking and didn’t get any pictures.

After Stacy and Gunner left around noon, Rich and I just spent a relaxing afternoon hanging around and enjoying the sunshine on the deck and I started catching up on our blog.
View of the pond from the deck

Around 3:30 we got a call from Rich’s daughter Jessica, she’s engaged to be married – congratulations! The wedding will be August 10th, in Arlington, Washington so that will be worked into our summer schedule for sure!

We were invited to my brother Rob’s house for a BBQ, so we took a nice roundabout drive through the countryside to get there. It sure is pretty country when the sun is shining. We had a nice visit with Rob, his wife Kelly, and their 3 daughters and some friends of theirs and my mom. We also learned some new BBQ techniques for the Traeger BBQ. We had never tried BBQing hot dogs on the Traeger, our favorite is rib eye steak, but boy the Traeger sure adds some nice flavor to hot dogs. Rob also grills big onion chunks on the Traeger for hamburgers, those were amazingly good too. Rob & Kelly’s twin daughters, Amanda and Allison are graduating high school this June and Amanda is the salutatorian for her class– Wow! That’s pretty cool. They are two smart girls those two. It was good seeing everyone and again, the camera didn’t make an appearance, so no pictures to share. We’ve got to get better about pulling out the camera.

Sunday - Mother's Day
To all the mother's out there - Happy Mother's Day.  I got another nice surprise visit from my oldest daughter Amber.  It was great catching up with what's going on with her also.  I don't get to see my daughters that often, so it was a special weekend in the fact I got to see them both and have nice long visits with them. 

Other than visiting, we didn't do much and had a pretty relaxing day.  The only work that was accomplished was that Rich finished removing the posts from mom's garden.  After dinner  Rich and I took Gracie for a walk through the woods which we have been doing almost every evening.  It is always so peaceful and relaxing to walk through the woods. 

As I was sitting here tonight working on updating and posting our blog, I could start to hear the rain on the roof, looks like we might be having some rainy weather the next day or so.  We'll have to see how that affects our outdoor projects.  God willing, if everything goes according to plan, the missing parts for the fiver will show up Wednesday and be installed.  Then we'll hit the road on Thursday for points unknown.  We'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment