Sunday, May 12, 2013

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 (Mehama, OR)

Well today is my 54th birthday. Funny I don’t feel 54, I guess that’s a good thing. We had a lazy morning having breakfast and chatting with mom. We decided to take mom and head into Salem for a late lunch and to run some errands.

We had a very nice lunch at the Olive Garden (thanks to our co-workers for the gift card). We visited the local Trader Joe’s and Costco. Two of our favorite grocery stores. There was also a stop at Home Depot for a little repair job at my mom’s. While at Home Depot, I couldn’t resist looking at all the pretty flowers they have out. Have you all seen those hoses that shrivel up to nothing when there is no water in them? They had them there and got talked into trying it. The reason we liked it was the weight issue, it weighs next to nothing and anything we can do to keep the weight down in the fiver is a good thing. My mom got one too.

I got a nice surprise once we got home. Unbeknown to me, Rich arranged for two of my brothers who live nearby to come by for birthday cake and ice cream. So I got to see my baby brother Jer and his two kids, Brandon and Carley. His lovely wife was working out of town and not able to come, sorry to miss you Tasha. My brother Jay and his gang showed up too, his lady Lisa and her daughter Melanie. I can’t remember the last time I was with my brothers on my birthday and got to hear them sing me the "Happy Birthday" song. That was a nice special treat. Thanks Rich and mom.



Mom and Carley cutting birthday cake

Brother Jer, me, Lisa and Brandon


Brother Jay

Being serenaded by the family


Me, Mom, Melanie, Brandon, Lisa, Jay, Jer & Carley


1 comment:

  1. Happy late birthday! I'd forgotten yours was in May, too. I'm sure you've heard this before...but you look so much like your Mom! Neat that your brothers came to celebrate with you, too!
    Harriet

    ReplyDelete