Monday, April 29, 2013

Friday, April 26, 2013 (Charleston, OR)

Friday we woke up to overcast skies. We had a leisurely day, I did my nails (boy my nail technician sure made it look easy and she sure did a good job), did some reading, went for a bike ride, and drove into Charleston to try and find the public dock. We’ve been seeing a lot of people in the park with crab pots and clamming equipment. We weren’t sure we found it, but while looking around we saw a flyer that was advertising an oyster feed tomorrow. That sounds fun and like something we might like to do. We stopped and looked through a coastal gift store – lots of stuff and lots of items made out of shells, not really my cup of tea.

On our bike ride, there is a county park right near us; Bastendorf County Park and they have camping spots, so we rode around checking out the spots. It’s not a bad campground, but you are too far away from the beach. To get to the park you have to ride up this VERY steep hill, boy that was a challenge, one that I almost didn’t succeed at, those last few pedals were a killer. Now going down, that’s another story. =) We rode a ways down the road toward Sunset Bay and saw a gorgeous home for sale. It was a little out of our price range though but it was fun to look. I love the coast when the sun shines, but days like today when it stays cloudy all day, I think it could get pretty gloomy pretty quick.

After a walk on the beach we finished up the day with our noses in our books. It’s a good thing that both Rich and I like to read. I think we’ll be doing a lot of reading during our travels.

Jetty near our RV park



No comments:

Post a Comment